Thursday, May 6, 2010

Simple Solids

There's something so delicious about a stack of solid colors. Right now I'm really excited about the idea of using unusual colors for sashings. In quilts where I would normally use white, gray, or tan, I want to try using aqua,(of course), lime, and yellow.

I ordered a Kona Color Card from Pink Chalk Fabrics, and I can't wait till it gets here. Then, I'll have to wait till Hancocks of Paducah has their next free shipping sale, which will hopefully coincide with a 20% off Kona Cottons sale, and we'll stock up on some colors that we're sorely missing.

2 comments:

  1. I got my Kona card from Kathy too. Isn't it gorgeous!?! As much as I adore prints, solids are so essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to get one of those cards! I love the solid colors; they can really make a quilt...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from BlueElephantStitches. Make your own badge here.