Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Finish

My customer asked for a quilt in blue, green, choc. brown, and white.  She left the design up to me, but suggested I could make something with just squares, or the same pattern I used for the football quilt.


I really enjoyed making this one, since it's colors I like, and of course I couldn't go with the suggested design, but had to change it up a bit by adding some Kona Snow sashing.




I immediately pulled a few of these cute doggies from my most recent purchase.  For the rest of the quilt I used some oldies from my stash.  It feels good to use up some of the fabrics that I'm not really in love with anymore, and see them come together nicely.


For the back I used another stripe from my stash.  Now it's off to it's new home and I'm on to the next project.

Which includes finishing this top.


Can't wait till this one's done.

5 comments:

  1. Love this quilt! Great colors! It just pops with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy Kona snow by the bolt. Along with ash and white, and now maybe pearl pink. Such a fun quilt! I was sure I didn't need the little dogs on the blue background when I first saw them. I have now totally changed my mind. They are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute quilt! Love those puppy dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute quilt! The binding is great; it really pops.

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilts. Particularly your use of color. Been meaning to tell you that since the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway Day, but haven't gotten around to it until now.

    ReplyDelete

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from BlueElephantStitches. Make your own badge here.