Friday, June 4, 2010

The Football Fabric Has Arrived



My husband likes it, so what can I say?

I'd like to thank each of you that left comments on my dilemma over this custom quilt.  I was amazed that you cared enough to give your ideas.  Every suggestion helped me to come to a conclusion on how to make this quilt.  
Quite a few of you mentioned that the football fabric should be included in the quilt top as well.  I think you're right, and I'm basically decided on the final pattern.  I went to my fabric stash with trepidation, since I was afraid that I wouldn't have anything to 'go' with this fabric.  But I'm pleasantly surprised to find some that will work, although it's just a bit hard to use up my precious red squares...



And I think I need to quit buying polka dots and stock up on stripes and other small geometric prints.

4 comments:

  1. I must say it looks much better in your photo than the one online! Not too bad. Good luck with the quilt. I am sure it will look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great companion pieces - is that a bandanna print? I think I have that one in my stash too! I have no doubt that you will come up with a wonderful design!! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric choices will definitely give it a more modern, fresh look. I'm looking forward to seeing some in progress shots :)

    ReplyDelete

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from BlueElephantStitches. Make your own badge here.