Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Starburst



October was Shelley's month in the Fresh Modern Bee. I was sent these LURVELY fabrics to work with.  I had been wishing to see that middle print in real life and now I'm craving some for myself.  (The one just left of the bikes) A small piece of that bike fabric already lives at my home, or else I'd be drooling over that one too!



She asked for a 16.5" block with any kind of star.  She had some great inspiration photos for us, and I immediately was drawn to to the circle ones.  Me loves circles.  Me also loves paper piecing.  (In small amounts).  I would go entirely crazy making a whole quilt like this.  But one block?  Fun!  Fun!


The seams do get a little bulky, and I'm a little bummed about the color placement I used. The outside ring of points simply doesn't stand out enough and I wish I'd rather used the dark green on the outside. But there's no such thing as perfect in quilting is there?   And I really do love this block anyway!

10 comments:

  1. Love this block... where'd you get the pattern? :) I'm a paper piecing chicken but I need to get over it, don't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I'd love to know where you got the pattern, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! Nicely done!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color combination, and that is one impressive block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is very pretty! Is the pattern your own design? Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - That is impressive! All those points look perfect!

    AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great block. I did one similar for a bee but it was just 1/4 of the circle. Whew. All those curves stretched my sewing skills. So I'm super impressed with this block!

    ReplyDelete

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from BlueElephantStitches. Make your own badge here.