Monday, August 23, 2010

More Sailboats



You may know by now that's it's almost impossible for me to make more than one quilt in any design or color.  But I was asked to make another sailboat quilt in similar colors, ('similar' being the key word here!)  Since I didn't have any more of the Make Life fabric that I used for my other quilt with this design, I pulled out a charm pack of Happy Daisy by Chloe's Closet.  Using different fabrics adds a bit more interest so it's not quite so ho-hum.


If I ever made another quilt like this,  I think I'd add a wider white border around the outside.  This pattern just seems so vintagey to me, and I think it could use more white.  But I really like these fabrics in here.  They're a bit brighter than the original quilt.



Here's the first one, made with 'Make Life' by Sweetwater.



Now I'm off to work on painting my hideous china cupboard since the kids are both sleeping.  Maybe I'll show you a before and after once it's done.  (If it turns out, of course)  

2 comments:

  1. Both quilts are really cute. Ooh, and I'm anxious to see your hideous china cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I love both of them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

My Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from BlueElephantStitches. Make your own badge here.